21xdc

AVID BASS TACKLE... Bad biz practice

I was warned here, But I never had a problem until my last order.... 

I ordered a bunch of baits, Including these "AVID Dual Prop BUZZIN CRANK Topwater Blanks" on July 23..  On august 21 I sent the first message about the problem. I have sent many more messages since w/o any reply.

They have counter rotating blades. Of all of the blades, 90% of them are one direction. You need both directions to make the bait run correctly and not spin and twist your line.  I left e-mail/facebook messages for him letting him know of the problem...  

Tonight I get this reply....

"Hi Mike... All props are shipped in a single bag from the supplier. We have not seen or heard of any being counter rotating. Line twist should not be a problem with inline props.  If you are concerned about it, Mount the rear prop backwards..."

Really? ......That's the solution?   I cant even believe this was his reply...  These blades wont run backwards.  It is obvious that he knows nothing about his products or how lures work.

I'm all done sending him my money... I should have listened to the others here warning me...  

IMG_1632_1024x1024.JPG?v=1497816157

IMG_1633_large.JPG?v=1497816166

Edited by 21xdc
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, spbubba said:

You must have some serious pull to receive a reply. I emailed, called and texted multiple times without a response. 

TU carries a lot of weight in the tackle world.  We have some of the best designers, best innovators, and some of the best builders on site. 

They say any publicity is good publicity, but I tend to think that good publicity on TU are better then bad reports.:yes:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Matt Jackson said:

I emailed him saying thank you for the extra baits and received almost an immediate response. He must not handle drama very well. Now I've ordered some little jons from another site and that guy has gone MIA. 

Man, what are you doing to chase these people away?  Hahaha

Seriously, there are people out there who bite off more than they can chew, and wind up giving lousy service, or no service at all.  There are also people who set up phony sites, with no intention of ever filling an order.

That's why I stick to the proven bait suppliers listed at the top of this Forum page.

• Thanks 1

I have been contacted with a resolution/apology by Forrest's assistant.... I will post my results as things happen.. 

BTW... Look>>> http://www.lurepartsonline.com/Online-Store/Propellers/Chopper-Prop.html

They offer both direction props for a reason....  Somebody dropped the ball on the ones I ordered from AVID... It may be the manufacture, But they do make both direction blades for a reason. 

4034M.jpg

• Like 1

OK *************UPDATE******************

Avid stepped up this time and made it right to me... I will give them the benefit of the doubt. We all make mistakes and learn from them. They did ship the correct blades so I can finish my lures properly.

I hope that since this thread was read by them, That they see some of their mistakes and try not to repeat them...

Thanks AVID BASS TACKLE for making this right... I will be ordering more stuff in the near future.

Mike

Edited by 21xdc
  • Like 3

Glade it came out ok for ya. I am having issues myself with a totally different business but is in the bait realm. I have been waiting for nearly a month and have communicated with the owner three times about the order. I have decided to give it to the end of this weekend. My order was made on Aug. th 14th I believe. The company is a well known in the bait making circles. MORE TO COME, I'm going to call them out, I hate doing it.

On 9/24/2017 at 5:53 AM, gone2long said:

The title was and is still valid its what happened and anyone who clicks on it will surely read the entire thread to find the outcome and it is a reminder to any who think its ok to take someone's hard earned money and go off radar that there will be a heavy price to pay!

I agree that people/companies who don't do what they say they'll do should be called out.

I just think it's important to acknowledge those who do correct their mistakes, so others can learn from them.

I agree that's why the op updated the post, unfortunately he was forced to do so, I sure would like to know to make a informed decision I can assure you if somebody wants a mold he's selling their going for it but at least they know the risk and to be quite honest I may be wrong but I don't remember ever reading an apology post from any vendor called out so it speaks volumes with how they operate and take my word for it the fanboy's have already informed him of this thread so the possibility of not knowing is slim to none!