bribass

Junebug / Green Glitter Help!

Hey Everyone 

Quick question for some help - I use Spike it Junebug and Spike it Kelly Green Flake and the flake turns blue!

Any help with this? I Keep a very close eye on temp as well. 

When I use the Kelly green in our  watermelon candy and GP Candy I have no issues just with the junebug dye.. any suggestions? Is the problem the dye or the glitter or both lol ? 

Thanks for any input! 

1 hour ago, Baitjunkys said:

Cut one out and see if it actually changed colors. the purple hue is gonna mask any glitter. Not necessarily change it.

when I first add the glitter and shoot the first few baits the glitter is fine.... 10 min into the batch its goes down hill and half look blue and half still green and then about 15 more min later its all like an emerald blue and no green to it 

All while keeping very close attention to temp and making sure I'm shooting at 305 so no where near burning or scorch 

Edited by bribass

Once again, I have to go old school here......

I struggled with Junebug BIG TIME......until I changed over to black grape.  It wasn't a glitter problem nearly as much as a color problem.  Personally, I think the darker color masked any bleeding from the glitter.   I could use pretty much any green glitter and make a nice junebug as long as black grape was the base color. 

• Like 1

Ive had this same problem, Using spike it junebug colorant and spike it Kelly green glitter, I noticed it was a lot worse when I was using my presto pot vs the microwave.  also have problem with my copper glitter turning pink. It seems that if I got it too hot or did too many remelts the glitter would change.