walleye warrior

Clamping molds

I shoot multiple molds and what I do is turn my molds so the injection ports are down on my bench. Then take two 6" C clamps and clamp them together. If my 6" clamp is too small, I grab the 8" ones. Once clamped, turn them over. Now all your injection ports are in plane at the top and easily accessed with your injector. The C clamps will leave a small mark but nothing an orbital sander won't cure if you decide to sell one. I've bought a bunch of used molds with orbital sander marks. It's just what guys do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Apdriver said:

I shoot multiple molds and what I do is turn my molds so the injection ports are down on my bench. Then take two 6" C clamps and clamp them together. If my 6" clamp is too small, I grab the 8" ones. Once clamped, turn them over. Now all your injection ports are in plane at the top and easily accessed with your injector. The C clamps will leave a small mark but nothing an orbital sander won't cure if you decide to sell one. I've bought a bunch of used molds with orbital sander marks. It's just what guys do.

ditto

• Thanks 1