Jonah

Top coat question

I think most of the WP knockoffs have soft tail fins like the original.  I would be thinking in terms of dyeing the soft plastic instead of painting it, if I did anything at all.  After all, fish tails are usually clear translucent.  I have several originals.  On all but the black WP, which is all black, the tail cones are painted body color while the fins themselves are mostly clear translucent soft plastic with or without a little red dye accent on their tips.  The soft plastic is pretty hard stuff.  I don't know how much it really collapses when bit, but I suspect not much.  I wouldn't be using water based paint and any hard topcoat on them.

• Like 1

Yeah that's what I'm learning towards. Folks can always get some spike it or other dye to change the color I guess. Second question. The style of the plopper I got to paint has the tail coming as two pieces. I assume the epoxy we coat the baits with would work just fine to glue the two sections into one. Anybody else get blanks with two separated sections to the tail or are they all like that no matter where you get them?