rynesgto

ISO 3.5 inch junebug tubes

I made a press made somewhat like the lurecraft press except heavier duty  & attached their deluxe plastic cutter to it. I dip each tube in worm oil before I cut them & it does a pretty good job. As far as the mold goes I really like it. It has the option to have 1/2" solid heads if you want & yes the rids(5)  come with it. I ordered an extra set too, but haven't used them yet. Just oil rods before you put them in the mold & there will be no problem removing the baits from them. I take an art brush & just apply a thin coat to them & have no problem whatsoever.  Here's a pic of the press.  Don't know why it posted sideways, but you get the idea anyway. 

IMG_1095.JPG

Edited by Les Young
  • Like 1

If you have an air compressor you really don't need the worm oil to remove the tube.

I see that Josh is now offering a tube splitter featuring a 'smash devise'.

Just ordered the ribbed 5 piece mold today.

I now have all his tube molds.

Edited by SRJ
clarity

Gitzit is essentially what BPS was copying to get the "tender tube".  Haven't fished a tender tube in a long time however so may be different from what I used.   Dipping is easy to do and goes really quick if you have thought out the process.  Cutting the tails is the only slow part but nothing too bad even with rudimentary set up.   Once you have a cutting block set up you can press them fairly quickly with consistency.    

tube_zps089cc5ab (1).JPG