Zeppohoj

Need help homemade hand injector

Hi!

I wanna make a soft plastic hand injector.

I like doing my own tools etc.

The price in Sweden is just sic so buying one is not an option.

Im thinkin big coppertube for the heat or maby just alutube. 

What material is ok to use for the rest of  the parts?

I'll be using mostly handtools.

I'll make my own vac50 molds.

I need your brains for this :)

Any idés?

As said I'm using the silicone syringe from several years without any troubles, safety issues included. The conical edge, as the piston, is in hard ABS plastic and you can adapt it to several casting doors. I added a thermo resistant O-ring to the piston. My cups are also in silicone with a plastic handle (for a microwave hoven of course). Surely you have to use thermo resistant gloves, as with an alluminium injector.

Bye.

Cami

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 2:34 PM, Zeppohoj said:

Anglinarcher: Yes but didnt find any good ones. Do you got a link?

No, I don't.  I have not looked for one to make in some time.

The cake syringe looks interesting, but for safety, I will probably get my next one out of metal.  I am currently using a hard plastic one that is no longer sold.

Cub48: I dont know what that is. Do you have any pictures?

Roger Linnell: Sounds like a swedish name, are you? 

I'v ben looking at oil hand suction pumps in metal that they use to empy transmission oil, petrol etc, but i dont know if it can handle the hot plastisol

Edited by Zeppohoj

8 hours ago, Roger Linnell said:

Cabela's Jerky Gunhttp://www.cabelas.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=1969432&type=product&WT.z_btnclk=YMAL-1969432&WT.z_pg_ref=prd1972274  ya Swede . After a few modifications, it works great, holds a ton of plastic

If you're going to spend $50 on a jerky gun/baster, you might as well spend another $20 and buy a real injector.

http://www.basstackle.com/Hand_injector_p/injector.htm

• Thanks 1

It is a shock the oil had leaked out i cut the end off it has a aluminum piston with an oring i work at a Chevy Dealer so mine did not cost me anything we replace them when they go bad. I used mine a long time until i bought one that was machined from Bass Tackle Molds. Get the longer one if u want to buy as like now i have 4 molds and the one i have will not shoot all 4 molds without refilling. Cub48

I sawed the end off. U can screw the end off the rod. The piston and rod will slide out . Clean up the surface where u sawed the end off . Bevil it a little where the oring will slide in ok then find u something that will fit in the tube tight i bought a round piece of aluminum  and sanded it down to a tight fit fixed the end where it fit the molds . The tip has to be a tight fit or it will suck air unless u stick the end passed the tip. Warm the injector before u shoot and u can keep shooting without cleaning. Cub48