ddl

createx

You have the choice of using it as it comes or you can thin with water, depends on your airbrush and the result you want to achieve. It's just a lot of trial and error, you may need to do it different ways just depending on how your airbrush sprays, etc. Some of this can't be answered with a cut and dryed answer. Sometimes you just have to wade in and get your feet wet, so to speak.

Good luck.

• Like 2

It really depends on your experience and current skill level.

Plain water works really well for me unless the air is really dry or hot, then I prefer a thinner.  Also, if I am going to be doing a big spray, lots of lures and time with one color, then a thinner mix that helps with tip dry is valuable to me.

Buying a thinner is fast and sure, but it does not necessary work better then home brews.  The problem is that not all home brews are the same.

1 hour ago, Musky Glenn said:

You have the choice of using it as it comes or you can thin with water, depends on your airbrush and the result you want to achieve. It's just a lot of trial and error, you may need to do it different ways just depending on how your airbrush sprays, etc. Some of this can't be answered with a cut and dryed answer. Sometimes you just have to wade in and get your feet wet, so to speak.

I do believe Musky Glenn said it best.

• Like 2

I understand why people use Pledge DDL but know this, that product is a acrylic product. Make sure you get your brush clean.

I agree with Musky about home brews. With everything Musky has stated about, heat, humidity, amount of baits being painted, mixing variables I went to redusers. No matter what get a good one drop bottle for use of the thinner, comes in handy. You don't want no more than what is needed. You will understand the more you paint.

HPR is what I changed to it has tip dry additives as stated and it just plain works I know your not going full blown here but be mindful that water as a reducer although can work it can also cause issues unforeseen such as breaking the film property of your paint there is a threshold that paint has concerning additives as the saying goes too much of a good thing

• Like 1