mark poulson

Just when you think...

you actually know what you're doing, something comes up and slaps you upside the head to bring you back to your senses.

Yesterday I decided to powder paint some spinnerbait blanks.  I set up my heat gun, got out the spinnerbait blanks, and the rack to hang them on, once I got them coated.

I got my glo white and glo yellow out, turned on the heat gun, and held my first spinnerbait over the heat with a pair of needle nose pliers, for a five count on each side.

Then I held the bait over the powder, and spread a pinch of white over one side of the head.  

It didn't stick/melt, so I did another five count on each side, and tried again.  Again, no deal.

So I moved back to the heat gun and did another five one the first side.  When I went to turn the bait over to heat the other side, it fell apart!

I stopped, thought "Thats weird", and then I looked at my glo powder again.

I had opened two jars of Glo Nation glo powder, not my powder coat.  Doh!!!

I had to laugh at myself.

So I closed the glo powder, and opened my two jars of glo powder coat paint.

Surprise, it worked like a charm!  Hahaha

2 hours ago, Saugerman said:

I can't say anything, I almost brushed my teeth with my wifes hand lotion, the other day. Had alot on my mind , just picked up the wrong tube, Luckily, I noticed the difference when I t was squirting out of the tube. They are very simular in size and shape.

My wife and I planned a getaway, but, when the baby sitters crapped out, we wound up taking three kids, including a toddler.  I got up early to go get some coffee, brushed my teeth in the dark, and that's when I realized I had put the baby's Desitin on my tooth brush instead of tooth paste.  Of course, the wife and kids woke up when I was spitting and cursing, and they still laugh about it!

Edited by mark poulson