Jpalbarado

Color issues

14 hours ago, Jpalbarado said:

So it's scorching the color? My machine I feel heats evenly and consistently. My temp probes are reading accurate, I'm just getting frustrated

It heats evenly and consistently but 340 is still too hot.  Take your plastic up to 350, let it cool to 310 - 320 and then add your colorant. 

On 9/20/2017 at 10:19 AM, Jpalbarado said:

Yes I am using the Jacobs baits pro model, with electric mixers. How do I get the most accurate temperature?  I use some meat thermometers but I feel there has to be a guide out there stating x amount of time in this machine at this setting and then down to this setting and your good to go

Not sure if there could be a guide. To many variables with products. I know. A lot of people are saying to get the temp up to 350 and let it cool to 310 or so but I never do that. I heat it up to 320-330 and go with it. With some plastic if you get it up to 350 it will start yellowing fast.  You never mentioned what plastic you are using  but some are much more heat tolerant. I was asking about the temp probe cause using the one in the press that goes through the base where the heater is works great but with such a high starting point it could over shoot the desired temp easily due to the mass of metal. It take a long while to cool also. Is it possible to heat your plastic in a microwave then treansfer it to the press. This way works great for me. What I do is preheat the press and let it settle at the desired injection temp. Then add the plastic heated in the microwave. Takes much less time and will help with the yellowing. 

• Like 1