DoubleT

Multiple Airbrushes

I have two airbrushes that I use at my paint station. It seems that most of the baits that I make have at least 4 colors. I am pondering the thought of getting a couple more airbrushes to help speed things along and eliminate color changes. It seems that I spend the majority of my time cleaning between colors than actually painting. Do you guys use multiple airbrushes or do you like myself have one or two and just make the necessary color changes as you paint along?

I only use one AB and that is a Paasche model H.  To reduce wasting paint, I paint at least 6 at a time, and multiples of 2; because when I put the epoxy coat on, I could reliably clear 2 baits for each batch.  I've found that this is way faster, saves paint, makes the baits consistent. and I have a lot of different styles in the same color to fish with.  

I'm looking to add a gravity feed brush (Paasche Talon) so that I could get fine detail lines.

Edited by snapshotmd

I use a Badger Crescendo, and keep one as a spare. I found using more than one at a time annoying, but I hate the time lost changing colors. The solution for me was to build a ten lure drying cabinet, and a ten lure painting jig to match. The brush tip does have a penchant to collect paint, so I keep a small brush handy, like the kind surgeons use for fingernails. I just wet the brush and scrub off the paint. The bristles are soft and don't damage the needle tip.