rrosenberry

ultra-molds mini shooting star

I have a Mini but i don't use salt in it I don't think it would scratch with salt but it would need cleaned and lubed up to stop corrosion .  After it cools I turn the machine on and at 180f i open my valves  i will blow thru each port. To clear the plastic out. Cub48

On 9/22/2017 at 7:56 PM, Cub48 said:

I have a Mini but i don't use salt in it I don't think it would scratch with salt but it would need cleaned and lubed up to stop corrosion .  After it cools I turn the machine on and at 180f i open my valves  i will blow thru each port. To clear the plastic out. Cub48

If you would, please elaborate on how you blow out to clear the plastic.  For instance what tool on the end of your air hose and from which direction do you blow out ?  Do you follow up with any oil or alcohol?  I have the same system and realize your idea would save time. Thanks

As rrosenberry said u can use a blowgun with the rubber tip but mine don't have the rubber tip just a blow gun . I take two wooden 1/4" dowels and turn the valves open, I remove the plug in bottom and try to pull the runner out with the plug. i turn my unit on as it warms up around  150f to 200f then blow thru the front of the valves the plastic will come out inside the pots just reach in to the pots with some tongs to get the worm size plastic out. Blow thru both holes . Cub48