K&M

Worm oil and packaging

1 hour ago, Frank said:

I use a small spray bottle and give the plastic a couple of sprits and bag. They get real slippery doing them first then packaging but the end result is easier to achieve.  I don't put it in the bag at all. 

Cool. Thanks for the tip!

4 hours ago, alsworms said:

I thought a pretty good rule was......

Attract fishermen:  Oil

Attract fish:  Salt

I always felt it was the other way around. Plastic with absorb scented worm oil while salt will wash right off after the first cast.  Unless the salt is cooked in the plastic which is an entirely different discussion all together!

3 hours ago, joelhains said:

I always felt it was the other way around. Plastic with absorb scented worm oil while salt will wash right off after the first cast.  Unless the salt is cooked in the plastic which is an entirely different discussion all together!

I meant first site only.  If you want to show off your colors, worm oil is the way to go because it will really make the baits shine, whereas salt will sometimes hide them.  If I made baits for myself, it was salt all the time. 

• Thanks 1

I know this thread is old but I've been struggling with the salt vs. worm oil situation. I prefer salt for packaging but I'm guessing my customers won't like how the salt dulls the color.  

When I do use worm oil, I put the lures in a small plastic container, drop some oil in, close the container and shake. I do the same when applying salt.