Sudd

Airbrush paint booth

Ok this is what I done and it works like a charm. I took a plastic bin and fastened a pipe to it with a slide damper. I then put a pvc Y and put on the pipe. I used a leaf blower and ran a hose from the end of blower to the Y making sure it's blowing AWAY from the bin. The air flow is so strong it acts as a suction right at the bin. (Does not blow back into bin). No fumes are nowhere near anything electrical. It will suck a price of toilet paper almost out of your hands. The problem is it's noisey but the blower is outside my building. The bin in in front of window with the pipe sticking out window. Best thing I've come up with for spraying flammable paints and such.

On 10/7/2017 at 6:23 AM, Sudd said:

Ok this is what I done and it works like a charm. I took a plastic bin and fastened a pipe to it with a slide damper. I then put a pvc Y and put on the pipe. I used a leaf blower and ran a hose from the end of blower to the Y making sure it's blowing AWAY from the bin. The air flow is so strong it acts as a suction right at the bin. (Does not blow back into bin). No fumes are nowhere near anything electrical. It will suck a price of toilet paper almost out of your hands. The problem is it's noisey but the blower is outside my building. The bin in in front of window with the pipe sticking out window. Best thing I've come up with for spraying flammable paints and such.

I hope it works well for you.  Be sure sure to run a bare grounding wire, if you're using plastic pipe, to avoid static electrical buildup and potential sparking.  I don't know exactly how to do it, but I know it can be important.

22 hours ago, mark poulson said:

I hope it works well for you.  Be sure sure to run a bare grounding wire, if you're using plastic pipe, to avoid static electrical buildup and potential sparking.  I don't know exactly how to do it, but I know it can be important.

Simply wind a small diameter copper wire around the outside of the pipe and ground it. 

Same setup used around dust collection pipes in woodworking vacuum systems to keep static from causing sawdust to stick to the pipes.

On 2017-10-02 at 11:23 AM, mark poulson said:

The key label you're looking for in an exhaust fan is "explosion proof".  If it doesn't say that, don't use it.  Bath fans are not explosion proof.  Kitchen hood fans are.

I totally agree with mark on this issue I would get rid of than fan right away there not sealed a kitchen hood fan is a much better choice and vent it outdoors with hard furnace duct none of that dryer vent flexible pipe that flexible pipe is the worst invention ever you get all kinds of junk stuck in the creases I build homes for a livening and I always make sure my h vac guy uses furnace pipe and also I would think of permanently attaching a stove vent on the outside reason being if you just hang a pipe out the window you will get on windy days a draft comeing back in I don't think you want that I'm surprised though on spraying laquer paints in the house I'm sure that yes you can vent and wear a mask but how about the rest of the family and not to mention you do have a furnace in the house that could possibly blow up I would really re think that just my two cents 

Sudd I'm sorry I didn't mean to be a know it alll because I don't but I can tell you how I built mine I picked up twe kitchen hood fans and they are set back to back with eight inches in between so I took a t joint furnace duct and hooked both fans together so there's only one pipe going outside to a real vent cut into the bricks I wired them together so there on one plug and for a filter I bought a roll of that furnace filter you can cut on your own it comes in big rolls I have a filter right across and it works great I've tried with a cigarette on a low fan setting and it sucks it right out I am however useing createx but I still worry about my lungs but I get no paint come out of the booth it cost me less than a hundred bucks that's cheap considering your safety I'll try to post some pics and the fans I picked up second hand and my electrician put them on a dimmer switch so I can adjust to my needs I hope this helps good luck with your project

gino