RPM

Swing Head Jig ideas?

Guys, I saw on another forum a question on swing head jigs, so I thought I would share my ideas, opinions. I have been tinkering with this all summer. I bought some swing head jigs that had the hooks attached to the wire in the head, I cut off the hook eye, removed the hook and added split rings, then hooks of my choice. I've made several variations, and the one that has really caught everyone attention is one that I rigged with double hooks, and trailers. I have also thought about adding multiple split rings with the main ring big enough to place a glass bead in between the two hooks, then add trailers of your liking? I also fished one with a punch skirt in front of the swing head, the sky's the limit, and these lures have proven to be very effective. Just a few thoughts and ideas I have been playing with this summer. I hope this info is useful and gives you an idea of things you can do to be creative, when it comes to customizing your baits. I'm known as the Jig man to my buddies and don't really make or mess with Jigs as much as I used to, but the swing head does open up our ability to be creative? Thanks    

Actually, the swing heads can be poured without the hooks, thus eliminating the need to cut off the  existing hooks. I would like to see some of your ideas as well. I will tell you this, if you plan on mass producing this or this a  "super secret" that you don't want anyone to know about, don't post any pics, because once you do, someone will steal your idea before you even get a chance to get started.

Cadman you are correct, and I have used both style of heads and do prefer the heads without the hook, just add split rings and hooks it's rather simple and has proven very effective from what we have seen. I agree about the pictures and guys copying the idea, Thanks for your input.