CaptainSeabass

Custom Paint Job On GT Popper

On 10/12/2017 at 2:17 PM, Anglinarcher said:

A true work of art.  Not sure I would fish with it, but would look great on my wall.  LOL

Thanks! I agree, I make them for a fella who sells them to private collectors. He will however go public soon because the public has caught a whiff and it seems to be catching on. Too expensive for me but I get to keep a couple of unpainted bodies.

Edited by CaptainSeabass
  • Like 1

I don't sell lures, just won't do it.  BUT, my wife did not get the memo so she sold 8 of my lures for $50 each.  I have never ever purchased a $50 lure in my life so I thought she was joking.  She was not.

The guy who purchased them does not even fish, he will be giving them away as Christmas Presents to employees.

I guess that sometimes lures are more valuable as art them for catching fish.  Who would have figured that?

• Like 1

On 10/20/2017 at 12:13 PM, Anglinarcher said:

I don't sell lures, just won't do it.  BUT, my wife did not get the memo so she sold 8 of my lures for $50 each.  I have never ever purchased a $50 lure in my life so I thought she was joking.  She was not.

The guy who purchased them does not even fish, he will be giving them away as Christmas Presents to employees.

I guess that sometimes lures are more valuable as art them for catching fish.  Who would have figured that?

Hand crafted lures are getting more and more attention nowadays. People are willing to spend the big bucks! Just look at Roman Made, Moutoukenmaru and Ginei Custom lures. They all cost a small fortune but they're always sold out within an hour of hitting the shelves. One more high-end hand crafted lure brand to be added to that list soon!

• Like 2