ddl

airbrushing over powder paint?

I don't even prepare, I just do it.  then I dip in a clear coat of my choice and be done with it.

The powder coated jig provides great adhesion to the lead and the airbrush paints give depth and variation to the paint pattern.  The final clear, Epoxy, AlumiUV, Moisture Cure, etc., reduces chipping, etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, walleye warrior said:

Has anyone every tried clearing with clear powder over airbrushed details ? My first.thought is the heat may disrupt the createx?

Don't you normally heat set your Createx paint? If so, clearing with D2T isn't a problem however, I don't think that clearcoating with clear powder should be a problem either as long as you don't burn the clear coat. I have never done this with powder clear over Createx,  so I'm not going to say go for it. Try it on a small part and post your results here.

• Thanks 1

You know when all else fails read the directions,I looked on the tubes of acrylic paint I have here  low and behold it says to cure 350 degrees for 30 min, I tried it on some jigheads I was  working on,worked good and a lot cheaper then using the Testors model paint I was using.Thank you

Edited by gaspumper
addedwords
  • Like 1