ddl

airbrushing over powder paint?

9 posts in this topic

hey guys

can we paint createx over powder painted jig head ?if it's possible please explain the preparation prior painting .

tks

I don't even prepare, I just do it.  then I dip in a clear coat of my choice and be done with it.

The powder coated jig provides great adhesion to the lead and the airbrush paints give depth and variation to the paint pattern.  The final clear, Epoxy, AlumiUV, Moisture Cure, etc., reduces chipping, etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I powder paint the head and bake the jig. I will then airbrush the head, let dry really well and then clearcoat with epoxy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, walleye warrior said:

Has anyone every tried clearing with clear powder over airbrushed details ? My first.thought is the heat may disrupt the createx?

Don't you normally heat set your Createx paint? If so, clearing with D2T isn't a problem however, I don't think that clearcoating with clear powder should be a problem either as long as you don't burn the clear coat. I have never done this with powder clear over Createx,  so I'm not going to say go for it. Try it on a small part and post your results here.

• Thanks 1

I have painted eyes with Createx over Powder paint and then baked it. The paint came out o hard the I couldn't chip the eye off. I haven't tried clear PP over that so I have no info.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Basseducer said:

I have painted eyes with Createx over Powder paint and then baked it. The paint came out o hard the I couldn't chip the eye off. I haven't tried clear PP over that so I have no info.

What temp would you use and for how long?