mark poulson

flat rubber skirt material

14 minutes ago, Walking Dead said:

Yes, I use the flat tabs I purchased from  skirts unlimited.  

Mainly the black color.  Combine them with silicone.  I wire tie and use the skirt tool to align.

I do the same, both in the black color and in wire tie, but I use thread to place and hold my skirt material, so I can add different colors in different places.   I've never been able to get the colors in the right places with my skirt tool.  Too clumsy, I guess. 

I like to add just a partial tab to give the jig more bulk.

I don't think it slows the fall of the jig that much, but it really spreads out once it hits the bottom.

Use it as the first layer and add silicone on the outside. It will flare out to keep the silicone pushed forward when it comes to rest. Sort of a lion's mane under the silicone.  I use the collars to hold and adjust and the wire tie to finish. Sometimes I use the thread or braid.

i found the GP did not hold its color and faded.

1 hour ago, Walking Dead said:

Use it as the first layer and add silicone on the outside. It will flare out to keep the silicone pushed forward when it comes to rest. Sort of a lion's mane under the silicone.  I use the collars to hold and adjust and the wire tie to finish. Sometimes I use the thread or braid.

i found the GP did not hold its color and faded.

Thanks for the heads up.  How did you know I was thinking about trying the GP?  Hahaha