Kscatman76

protie skirt collar bands?

I have always made my own skirts using a regular collar etc.  I recently bought some premade skirts on a whim that had the "protie" style collar.  It looks to me like these would last forever and not need to be wire tied??  Is that true?  Next question, can you buy any of the "protie" style colors to make your own or the hole in one style and make your own? Just looking for something other than having to wire tie.  I usually make my jigs with a skirt band with the rattle holders and then wire tie on top of that, so that I can an a rattle but these new protie look really nice.

Some people like that type skirt, me included, and some do not. I don't think that's a skirt you can make yourself. I have a vendor that will make what you want but there is a 500 or 1000 min. order and they take several weeks to make. I will start to order for next season in November or December to make sure I get them on time.