ddl

simple question for zinsser bin users

sorry to ask question again ,even if everybody is talking about zinsser bin i have never seen anyone talking about bin advanced,that's why i think i made a mistake.i just got  this one which is bin advanced shellac https://www.rustoleum.com/product-catalog/consumer-brands/zinsser/primer-sealers/b-i-n-advanced-synthetic-shellac-primer-white

is that the one everybody's talking about to use with acrylic and thinned epoxy ? at that price i hope it's the good one.

would you use a paint brush or a foam brush (sponge on  a stick)?

cheers

Ddl, this seems to be a water based alternative to normal spirit based bin, unlike normal bin it is also flexible. Seems to have decent reviews when tested by furniture makers,decorators etc. I suspect it will be o.k but have not used it, not sure about adhesion over epoxy or varnish compared to standard bin which I find sticks very well, but according to reviews it should be o.k . I don't brush primer personally, I spray it. Another option is dipping and hanging or putting on lure turner. ....

• Thanks 1

Ddl, nozzle on mine is 1.4 mm, I do thin it with de-natured alcohol.  Unfortunately I dont measure ratio , just judge viscosity, probably 5 part primer to 1 alcohol.  Its still fairly thick ,slightly thinner than single cream ! Basically as thick as you can shoot an even coat with. You don't need an expensive gun either ddl, mine was as cheap as, and not a single problem....glider 

• Thanks 1