BassinBob

Createx Opaque Black Paint

Hey guys any of you having problems with Createx Opaque Black paint not spraying properly? Anytime I use this paint it gives me the light splatter effect. I want a fine spray and have tried thinning it down but it still does the same. Just wondering?

See the picture below for what I'm talking about.

Thanks,

BassinBob

ber-09.jpg

ber-09.jpg

ber-09.jpg

ber-09.jpg

ber-09.jpg

ber-09.jpg

ber-09.jpg

ber-09.jpg

982_thumb.attach

:?: First of all what kind of airbrush are you using :?:

Thinning is the way to go but multiple coats are sometimes agravating when using netting.

A medium head on your airbrush is best

Just enough air pressure to propell the paint is also best

Try to mount the lure in a fly vice,hold netting in place with clips and rotate the bait so you are spraying at an upward direction to mid top then do the back. DONT LET NETTING MOVE!!!!!!!!!!

Hold airbrush close to the bait and keep it moving(this is why the low air pressure and medium head is important is important)

I really think you may have some problem with your airgun head and the wrong air pressure. I really dont have alot of exp. with water base but this works on laquer .Good Luck and God Bless.JP

viscosity, air pressure and a clean good quality brush are your mechaincal issues. Learn the balance.

Lures should be painted with the air brush as close to the lure as possible. If not, you will get splatter.

Practice on plastic milk jugs until you can control the overspray.

Chip :wink:

Thanks for all the sugestions guys. As for the airbrush, I'm using a Paasche VL with the #3 head and needle. I've tried the other heads and needles but get the same results. As for air pressure I have gone as low as 20 psi and as high as 40 psi with the same results. I do keep the gun clean and only have the splatter effect with the Createx Opaque Black. I'll get another bottle and try that to see if it might be a bad batch of paint.

Again thanks for all the suggestions,

BassinBob....

http://home.hiwaay.net/~srisner/ber/