FrogAddict

Bobs or Do-It

Hey everyone. I spent all last winter making POP and RTV Molds. While it was fun, I'm looking to buy a craw mold this year. Is Bob's Tackle Shack still in business? I see that on his site it says he's not taking orders and is planning to start again in September. I would love the 702 mold but I may settle for a Mad Dad or something from Do-It if I have to.

Any help would be appreciated!

I've caught a lot of bass on the Do-it  Mad Dad 3 xl.

Bob's  T.S. molds are great...but they are not available and it's unlikely to find one.

I'm a big  fan of the Do-it Essential series. Great baits at a great price.

I also like all of the BassTackle molds I have.

The Mad Dad 3xl is 3.5". They have a good flapping action but not as much as the Rage. The 3.75" Mud Bug's claws dart out to the sides & flop with a more natural action. The only way you'll get the action of a Rage Craw would be with Bob's 706 craw. Of all the stock molds produced, the 706 is my favorite craw followed by the Do-it 3.75" Mud Bug. Lots of guys like the 702 but I've caught far more fish with the 706.

I ended up selling all the 702's I had & bought more 706's.

Well, I just received a 736 from bass tackle and used it. Great customer service and very fast shipping. I think it took 3 days to get it. Seems like a great mold. There is a thicker part on the end of the claws but its on opposite sides (hope that makes sense). I tested it in the sink and it seems to have good action.  I would test it outside but we just got 5 inches of snow.

Thanks to everyone for the advice here and the members that have messaged me with some 702 molds for sale. This forum is a blessing!

Edited by FrogAddict

The facts are I purchased 2 -702 molds  4 cavity , 3 3/4" and 4 3/4", on ebay within the past 2 weeks.

They both were advertised as 'brand new' and the receipt was to bts molds

Seller was bettjone-84.

Now I guess Bob is making back order molds and not taking orders in his shop but still needs to eat  so he is making and selling on ebay.

Edited by SRJ
clarity