Joelh831

Molds

I've searched for old hilts molds as well, and my only source was e-bay, and constantly typing the mold name in google, and searching through all the entries. It is a very long and tedious process, many times without any results. If you find an easier way, please let me know.   Thanks.

1 hour ago, cadman said:

I've searched for old hilts molds as well, and my only source was e-bay, and constantly typing the mold name in google, and searching through all the entries. It is a very long and tedious process, many times without any results. If you find an easier way, please let me know.   Thanks.

Yea it’s a tedious job trying to find one I’ve littereally have call every shop that pops up on google from California, Florida and I’m now doing New York I’ve also been looking on eBay and have found some smaller ones witch I did buy but just haven’t found the 3 ounce one yet.  I know it’s out thier for me somewhere in a old tackle shop in the corner collecting dust. I’ll find it. 

1 hour ago, CNC Molds N Stuff said:

The guys who bought Hilts dies for casting molds did not get all of the dies.  Hilts was actually completely shut down and out of business for a while before Dolphin made the deal to buy what was still around. 

Yea I spoke to the lady that bought the business and told me the same thing unfortunately the 3 ounce was one of them and so was the 3/4 ounce that one I did find on eBay and made sure I got that one. But my quest to find it will be a long road calling every tackle shop from coast to coast it out thier in the corner of an old shop collecting dust just waiting for me to call them   

On 11/3/2017 at 9:48 AM, CNC Molds N Stuff said:

The guys who bought Hilts dies for casting molds did not get all of the dies.  Hilts was actually completely shut down and out of business for a while before Dolphin made the deal to buy what was still around. 

Bob, are these kinds of molds what you can make?  I'm asking out of curiosity, not because I'm in the market.

I make lead casting molds all the time.  Some are pretty interesting others are dead boring.  I talked to Pamela a while back , and she told me if somebody was willing to pay my price for a mold she was out of stock on she didn't mind.  Dolphin Sports molds is actually only a small part of their business.  The problem is when somebody sees Hilts "used to" sell a diecast mold for ... well mass produced diecast pricing ...  they just aren't going to pay CNC machined pricing much less custom pricing. 

When people ask me about one of her molds I try to refer them back to her, or I'll drop her an email and ask if its permanently out of stock or if its just a long wait from their die casting company.   I actually bought a few of their molds for my collection.

Edited by CNC Molds N Stuff
  • Thanks 1