Dubyap

ABEST - Airbrush + Compressor - Bad Idea?

So, I've been looking at inexpensive airbrush/compressor combos lately and came across this guy -Link Here on Amazon. 

Some of the reviews make me worry, but I figured if anyone's going to know if this will work for lure painting it's this community. 

Do you think this will work well enough? Does anyone have any experience with this airbrush/compressor combo or a similar one? 

Thanks in advance!

Well, reading the reviews I think you would be disappointed.  Obviously meant for shooting food color and not airbrush paint, plus the reviews complain about the low pressure and broken parts with no resource for repair.   For less money you could get a marginally better Chinese airbrush and run it off cans of compressed gas from Michael’s craft or other hobby shop.  Unfortunately you only get what you pay for in airbrush equipment.

• Thanks 1

Personally I would skip it but I am not a fan of buying something because it is cheap.    I would rather do without longer and spend more on a quality set up and avoid the hassles that typically come with this sort of purchase.

Iwata Neo is a cheap brush that will work and not too difficult to find a compressor for not much more.   You can also buy a better brush and then rent compressed air tank for not too much and go that route if not painting a lot.

• Thanks 1

Tiny compressors like that are hopeless dubyap. They cant keep up doing even 1 lure. There are some half decent chinese airbrushes which will be much better and do a decent job . If you think your going to stick at it , buy a reasonable sized compressor if you can. Using a set up like the one in the link could really put you off, Spray cans would be better in my opinion. ..glider

• Thanks 1

Generally I am the guy getting into a hobby with the minimal outlay and for the most part you can get by , yes if you were a pro you would buy the 2000$ table saw but you would be surprised what a homer you can do with a bench top built into a table.  But an airbrush is one of those things that getting something good  pays off, it can be frustrating enough without throwing cheap into the mix.

If you are looking to stay on the inexpensive side I would look at:

Harbor freight 3 gallon air compressor and its on sale for 40$

https://www.harborfreight.com/1-3-hp-3-gallon-100-psi-oilless-air-compressor-97080.html?ccdenc=eyJjb2RlIjoiNDY2ODI1MDUiLCJza3UiOiI5NzA4MCIsImlzIjoiMzkuOTkiLCJwcm9kdWN0X2lk IjoiMzY2NSJ9

I bought this air brush a few weeks ago so I do not know how well it will hold up but it was recommended to me from a guy on here:

Royalmax 130 it is 22$

http://www.pecoglobal.com/product_p/rm_130a.htm

I don't know how loud the compressor is but if you are working in a garage you should be fine. If you are working in the house that may be a different story.