whitaker201

More progress made

More progress over the weekend. Cleaned out more of the barn and got the area I want to work in pressured washed out. Then I had I little time to test these two baits that I finished on Friday.

IMG_20171105_171802366.jpg

I am making progress and learning a little more with every bait. I did learn I need to turn the pressure down more when painting the gill slash. Next time should be better.

• Like 1

A stencil is the easy way to go, and I usually do that myself.  But, if you take your time and just practice on a plain piece of paper, you can get it down and it will look great.

Once had a class with an airbrush and they started with us just painting smaller and smaller dots.  Then moved to smaller and smaller lines.  Funny, it seemed soooooooo boring, but it worked.......for a while.  I don't airbush often enough to keep my touch, so back to the stencils.  LOL:rolleyes:

• Like 1

They look great, If using stencils don't spray at the edge, spray on the stencil the over spray will create the gill or fin. I don't use  closed in stencils (stencil material all the way around) in most cases. I like this effect better. For spots/kill dots I like free hand. You get a light over spray that fades out lightly. Something to practice and I agree with AA, dots and lines of various sizes will help you learn a lot.

• Like 1

Read up on led lighting and you will find they are better for booths. Make sure you can get covers for the lighting when needed or you can cut out plexiglass for the covers. For me led does not get really hot in the area of my work. LED is higher in cost, but longer lasting though.

Just a thought for you.