Sudd

Alumilite urethane foam

If anyone uses lacquer paint have you ever or can you paint straight to the foam without primer first or do you have to primer before your base coat. I'm trying to get away from priming as primer makes my paint not look as good. I've painted one without primer and it seemed to work fine. But would like to hear from someone else that uses this same stuff.

I use the krylon primer in can and I spray my molds with it, but my product sometimes comes out splotchy. And if I spray after demolding it is just not as smooith as if it's bonded into the foam. I always use a white paint base coat regardless primer or not so the foam being tan is no big deal.

I have not poured any baits, but I have read that most here do some clean up on the baits, sandng etc. I  use a "tack cloth" over a cleaned up bait, which remove any particles left behind.

I like Rustoleum and Krylon for many task that I do but I don't like it for a primer/base coat. Water base paints don't adhere to them as well unless mixing in an additive.

As far as a certain color base coat I mainly use white, then a primary color with shading of other colors over the primary to give a certain look. Intercoates maybe used to separate the layers (pigments).

Just my way and opinion.

I have no issues with Krylon primers followed with Createx white.  I do mist the first Createx, and prefer to use the water based within the first hour after pulling the Krylon primed parts from the mold, or painting with Krylon.  No additive added.

I suspect that it is all a matter of personal technique, things harder to explain then we can put into words.

• Like 1