RiverMan

What do you guys think about this?

If that doesn't work out .

I do volunteer work for a group.

It is the Amputee support group.

At the local V.A. Hospital here in Milwaukee.

We supply and repair wheelchairs, and such ( much, much more) to those Vets who are not covered for/afford them.

Vets from all engagements.

It runs on donations and fund razisers.

And the staff is all volunteers.

Was waiting to see what you guys came up with before my 2 cents were put in.

I'm sure a lot of you read Bassmaster magazine. If you do, then I am sure you saw the article on fishing in Iraq. I think it was called Fishing Sadaam's Waters. Great story :!: There is a guy who runs a tackle shop called the Worm Shack. He is collecting tackle of all sorts to send to the troops overseas. I have committed two of my states fishing websites, to help out also. I am going to run something on my site to help draw more attention to this. I just wanted to get the west coast involved with this since most of the support seems to be coming from the south and east coast. I just think this is an awesome cause :D Don't get me wrong, I think anything to do with helping kids or needy families is very important, but when I read about troops in Iraq fishing with a homemade rod, line from a parachute cord, and a Slim Jim as bait, I just look at all of my equipment that I take for granted and feel guilty. These guys deserve the best :!:

Hey some great ideas guys! We don't of course have to select just one charity source but I am thinking it may make the most sense for the amount of dollars we are likely to raise. Another option for us is to give to one charity this time and another next...assuming there will be a next. :lol:

To all that have posted a potential charity source for us thank you....certainly not trying to ignore the ideas that anyone has.

At this point I feel most strongly about helping the TU member that jigjointer has mentioned if this person is willing to accept our contributions. I think we will all get a great sense of satisifaction knowing exactly who we are helping.

If for some reason it doesn't work out then we will consider the other sources. Someone willing to make a motion? Do I hear a second? :D

Jed

Let me know. I know all us fisher guys/gals not only have produced our own great lures but we also have some new ones we put aside after our baits became our favorites.

I have a whole box of unopened baits that I will be willing to donate as well as pour some plastic. Maybe we can send some over to support our boys in Iraq AND get stuff up for an auction.

Either way, let me know where to send.

PS If anybody knows Ferg4Kids (Ebay ID), he is on this site and he does everything for kids. He sent me some ideas for taking kids fishing around here in GA.

Jim

I just wanted to apologize to you guys for not following up on this concept after so many of you volunteered your craft. Not trying to make excuses but between my full time job, my side business building baits, and the fact that my wife has been very ill for the last few months, I just haven't had many free hours. I do think we should continue to follow up on this concept this winter tho......thanks!

Jed

Hey Guys, Looks like I'm bringing this to the top again. Today, I received an e mail from Ted Pacholik with the Fayette County School System in Lexington, Kentucky. He is looking for donations of lures for a program called " Hooked on Fishing, Not on Drugs"He says his high school chapter has been given a booth at the Louisville Sport & Boat Show in January and proceeds from the lure sales would go to future fishing club endevors for the kids and maybe a small lure company where the kids would learn lure making skills amd marketing skills. Some of you in this area may know more about this. Just tossing it out into the mix. Joe