Super Ron

Defective Blanks

11 minutes ago, BobP said:

Ron, I meant nothing critical to your post.  I was just commenting on the advisability of a “Call Out forum” on lure sellers.  

Oh I know.   I haven't taken anything negatively.     

And Gliders, the answer is no.    After I sent the pictures to the seller, I have not heard back.   No worries though.    Life happens.   Move on.  

This is a touchy subject and I can see things going in either direction, good and bad.  On the one hand, it would be nice to have a section to review individual blanks/sellers/etc.  Of course, on the other we don't want to open the proverbial can of worms by calling out or appearing to call out suppliers when we get bum products.  

This is one of those caught between a rock and a hard place scenarios.  In my opinion, Ron has done everything right in this situation and it now rests on the seller to make it right.  Whether the seller chooses to do so remains to be seen and judging by the fact he has still yet to respond to Ron's more than courteous emails I don't think that will happen.  Which is a shame considering as Ron said he has done business with this individual in the past without issue; I hate to think one bad transaction with no resolution by the seller will tarnish that. 

That appears to be a DT-10 blank if I am not mistaken.  I have bought some of those in the past (not saying where) but my issue wasn't crooked bills but bills that were split down the middle towards the line tie.  Some of the blanks I received were good and ran perfectly fine, caught lots of fish.  Others, well, lets just say I used some to practice new patterns on and then tossed them.

Actually they were DT16 blanks.   Either way.   After another email, I finally heard back from the individual and they asked for more pictures but did say they would make it right.    Now what that means (since I did not ask for a refund), I don't know.   But I will be very hesitant to buy those particular blanks again.

Yeah, I think one thing that happens is a small scale seller doesn’t get back to the buyer in what many of us would consider a timely manner.   But remember who you're buying from.  It’s often one guy with no retail experience working off of his kitchen table.  There are many reasons he may not be able to whip a response back to you quickly.   Job travel, family sickness, computer problem, etc etc.  But I don’t find it good form for a seller to ask for photos to substantiate a problem before making good on a product complaint.  An unhappy buyer is an unhappy buyer and needs to be remedied regardless.

4 hours ago, Super Ron said:

Actually they were DT16 blanks.   Either way.   After another email, I finally heard back from the individual and they asked for more pictures but did say they would make it right.    Now what that means (since I did not ask for a refund), I don't know.   But I will be very hesitant to buy those particular blanks again.

A little bigger than what I could see on my phone then.  Glad to hear this has been somewhat resolved for you.  Hopefully it isn't be receiving more of the same messed up blanks!

Just to let everyone know that the situation has been resolved.  I received an email asking for me to call.   The gentleman on the phone was very polite and reiterated he has not had problems with these particular blanks.   As the man was in his warehouse, he took a sampling of his particular stock while we continued to talk.    He did indeed did find a significant error rate with the problems as I described.    This batch from his manufacturer will not be sold and he is contacting them.      As for me, he will be sending a package to make the situation right.

Very polite and  understanding on the phone.   I am glad that this has been resolved and I can in good faith continue to do business  with him as other blanks I have received from him have been top notch.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Super Ron said:

Just to let everyone know that the situation has been resolved.  I received an email asking for me to call.   The gentleman on the phone was very polite and reiterated he has not had problems with these particular blanks.   As the man was in his warehouse, he took a sampling of his particular stock while we continued to talk.    He did indeed did find a significant error rate with the problems as I described.    This batch from his manufacturer will not be sold and he is contacting them.      As for me, he will be sending a package to make the situation right.

Very polite and  understanding on the phone.   I am glad that this has been resolved and I can in good faith continue to do business  with him as other blanks I have received from him have been top notch.

All that and no need to out the seller, good job glad it worked out for you and hopefully a little more quality control on the seller's part!

• Like 1