ROD W

APPEARANCE OVER INNOVATION

There has been a ton of innovation done on this site (some good and some bad). I don't recall when it ever stopped. To be quite honest, there are some on this site that bait companies should hire. Some of the best craftsmen in the industry are already here. 

So many come here to learn so that they can be the next deal.  In my opinion, in order to shine,  you have to be the whole package. You have to do it all and you have to be exceptional at all of it. It's not complicated.  However, it is up to the individual to decide how far he/she wants to take it.  Now  especially, there are some really excellent crankbaits that are out there.  The way that I look at it...... when you make a bait and put your reputation out there it better be exceptional  or you won't last long.  

In my eyes, it does no good to take a bait to the average fisherman and watch him drool all over your beautiful crankbait.  It is the opinion of your peers that counts.  When you get approval of someone that really knows how to make crankbaits, and get an honest opinion, then you are getting somewhere.  

Skeeter

• Like 3

On 12/12/2017 at 4:07 PM, Skeeter said:

There has been a ton of innovation done on this site (some good and some bad). I don't recall when it ever stopped. To be quite honest, there are some on this site that bait companies should hire. Some of the best craftsmen in the industry are already here. 

So many come here to learn so that they can be the next deal.  In my opinion, in order to shine,  you have to be the whole package. You have to do it all and you have to be exceptional at all of it. It's not complicated.  However, it is up to the individual to decide how far he/she wants to take it.  Now  especially, there are some really excellent crankbaits that are out there.  The way that I look at it...... when you make a bait and put your reputation out there it better be exceptional  or you won't last long.  

In my eyes, it does no good to take a bait to the average fisherman and watch him drool all over your beautiful crankbait.  It is the opinion of your peers that counts.  When you get approval of someone that really knows how to make crankbaits, and get an honest opinion, then you are getting somewhere.  

Skeeter

Well said Skeeter :yay::yay:   :yay:

Here on TU is where I moved into  21st century lure building.

Pete