CDawson85

Custom Jig mold cost?

It will depend on the amount of cavities along with design work. If you have everything worked out design wise for the sizes and hooks you intend to use then it could be just a few hundred dollars. If the machinist has to do a lot of CAD work to make the mold the cost are significantly higher.

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 8:22 PM, CDawson85 said:

Thanks smalljaw I appreciate the info. I’ve been watching a bunch of your tying videos on YouTube you do a really great job.

Thank you very much!!!  If you ever have any questions about that stuff please feel free to PM me here, I'm happy to help when I can.

I am just a hobby builder, so these are not production ideas, just stuff I do at home.

If you're adding a skirt, just wire it on, and leave the wire tag ends long enough to twist 3/4" extra and lay it back down the belly of the hook so you can insert it into the trailer.

If you don't add a skirt, try twisting some wire onto the hook shank behind the keeper, bend the tag end back along the hook shank toward the head, and add a drop or two of super glue to hold it in place.   The rougher hook shank will hold the trailer better.