cullin8s

senkosam's glitter is not just for soft plastics

When i first talked to senkosam about glitter for hardbaits he stated that he didnt know of anyone using his glitter on their hardbaits and that he would like to hear about my findings. Well I'm going to tell all of TU because the stuff worked marvelously. I did 3 baits so far that had the glitter mixed in the final clearcoat and they all look very good. I posted my pictures in the hardbaits section of the photos. The glitter doesn't show up very well in photographs, but in the sunlight they look unbelievable.

I have already figured out more than one way to use the glitter.

1. as mentioned above in the topcoat.

2. used in the coat covering the foil on a foiled bait, then in the final topcoat with another color of glitter that compliments the first (the blue, dark blue i used on the blue shad bait)

3. used over a similar color before painting the lure. IE paint the lure a basecoat of chartruse and mix a heavy amt. of chart glitter in a topcoat to put over it. Then sand and paint the top and bottom of the bait before final clear with no glitter.

There are probably a lot more good ideas of how to use it, but be aware that its not just for soft plastics.

I haven't tried the type of glitter you are referring to cullin8, sounds promising tho. I have included a holo-glitter to my final coats in some cases tho, gives the bait a very nice look to it and it really flashes as you turn the bait. For some reason the glitter doesn't show up very well in photos but you can kind of see it in this bait:

jed

beerbellysucker.jpg

beerbellysucker.jpg

beerbellysucker.jpg

beerbellysucker.jpg

beerbellysucker.jpg

beerbellysucker.jpg

beerbellysucker.jpg

beerbellysucker.jpg

985_thumb.attach

He has the holo stuff also, but i have a ton of that in another brand (House of Color) so i didnt try his holo stuff. The one i liked the most that i have tried so far was putting some gold in the final clear over a craw bait, it looked awesome. Yes i have the same problems with trying to get the glitter to show up in photos correctly as you do. Direct sunlight sometimes gets it to show up for me, but then i lose some of the sharpness in the pictures.