Bichon, a dog, my best find ever.  LOL

I have been out of Polar Bear for a long long time, but about 20 years ago we got a Bichon Frise as a non-shedding, allergy free dog.  It was awesome for my wife.  We were told by a groomer that the pup should not be trimmed for the first year.

Well, I'll tell you what.  After a year the hair was dragging the ground and there was some 6 to 8 inch long hair.  When using a laser light toy I discovered that it worked like fiber optic material, just like polar bear hair.

It was the most incredible hair, soft, strong, flexible, super white, in short, as good or better then Polar Bear.

I just can't find a groomer that agrees with the first gal.  Cannot find any groomer to let me have long Bichon hair.  LOL

I miss that dog as well.  :(

BTW - Dryer lint is a fantastic fire starting material. Go ahead and try it sometime. It will convince you to keep that lint filter clean. I always carry some with me as part of my survival kit when ice fishing. 

As for dog fur, I saved some from my favorite dog (Gypsy) before she passed. She loved to fish with me. Well I tied some gold ribbed hares ear nymphs with some of her fur. So in a way she still does go fishing with me. 

• Thanks 1