snapshotmd

Mustad Triple Grip Hooks

Is there anyone who knows about the different variants on these treble hooks?

I'm a HUGE fan of the KVD TG76 hooks.  I just got some jerk baits and I'm trying to get a Triple Grip style hook to go with it.  Right now, I'm using two #4 TG76 w/ #3 rings, which makes the bait have a slow sink.  My goal is to have a zero buoyant, or slow rise.  I feel the #4 hook size is small for the bait; I'd rather have #2s.  I know that the Mustad 36246RB are lighter gauge wire, and might fit this application.

The Mustad site has almost no information.  Has anyone done research on these and have the specifications on each style/model of Triple Grip hook?

Every spring I check the hooks on my jerkbaits, and test them to see if they float, suspend, or slow sink in my 5 gallon bucket of water in my unheated garage.

Once I've gotten a bait to suspend , I use my line choice to fine tune it on the water.  

It's all approximate, anyway, at least for me.  Every time out the water temps and conditions vary, so I take a guess before I leave to fish, tie the bait onto whatever I think will match the conditions, and then go fishing.  Where I fish, the water never really gets below 50, and there's usually some color in it, so I typically don't have to make major adjustments.

If I need to, I'll switch setups to one with the line I think will help me match the conditions.  That's why boats have rod lockers.

16 hours ago, sonoman said:

I use a lot of that style hook as well, not sure if you can get what you want in that style hook, maybe try a # 2 std split ring with possibly a finesse treble by a.martens in a #2 or they may even make those in #3, they are very lightweight, might get there using those. Best of luck.

I looked up the A Mart trebles.  Very intriguing!  Thanks!