Jesse9583

Presto Pot questions

Hey all, I only have one or two molds for each bait that I shoot, it's a hobby.  so when I want to shoot a bigger batch for a trip or for friends or whatever I have to shoot the mold, wait, rewarm the plastic, shoot again.  This is fine except that after a few times it seems to be hard on my plastic as it starts to darken or burn a bit.  Even when being careful of the temp it seems like it can only take so many re-heats in a row like that before the color shifts at least a little.  I was hoping to shift over to using a presto pot for some of the bigger batches but I see things on this forum about those also being hard on the plastic.  So my question is what is the best way to keep the plastisol at a consistent temp for multiple rounds in the mold?   Feel free to get specific :) 

Get some heat stabilizer. It does not take much for 4-8 oz of plastic. A teaspoon or less is what I use. It will allow you to reheat more. The pots are handy to keep plastic workable. I bought one from Amazon for $20 and get my plastic to the turnover point in the microwave then I pour it into the pre-warmed pot around 325 and shoot. I stir before each pull into the injector to make sure my glitter is mixed good. 

• Like 1