Tuna

Wacky Worm Weight

I saw there is at least one company offering a tungsten weight that sort of embeds into a senko style worm to add weight. I prefer it over a jig head style weight. These can easily be made with regular split shot, a drill and some light ss wire. I push it up through the bottom of the bait and then put my hook through the wire loop. Seems the original senko lasts a few fish longer. Here's how I configure.

171214 DIY Senko Weight.jpg

• Like 3

Got bit!

I'll follow. I would recommend all guys dig out that old #33 with #6-8 mono, slap it on an ugly stick or wonderod, add a 3" white twister on an unpainted leadhead. Only a aglia #2 for a back up. If you could afford it add a 14' alumacraft with a 9 1/2hp evinrude (no electronics or trolling motor), if not, stomp the shorelines. Bare bones fishing! Plenty efficient. It would sure lighten the load for fishing trips and ease the fishing budget. The fight would be much more interesting and memorable too! I understand, it's not all about buying confidence, it's about building confidence. Damn pier pressure! I'm sure there are good anglers that would outcatch many of us using the throwback combo.

So I plead guilty of creating stuff I really don't need and share so maybe someone else can revise it into something even more useable. Sometimes we create stuff just for the helluvit.

One vote against.

• Like 2

It's  solid idea and great alternative to the Eco pro cause tungsten is not cheap

when I see a useful  idea whether it's works for me or not, I don't poo poo it( sorry I can't think of a better word right now ) every body fishes differently and in different waters so. Never know....thank homie

• Like 1