Painter1

Poison Swingtail Jig

I've landed some nice bass with no issues. But unfortunately nothing "big".

But I did land two big Northern Pike ( a 36" and a 39") on it this fall with no issues!

Probably the best test was a personal best Sheepshead (Drum) that went a shade over 9lbs. Those darn things can really fight!

I have no worries that the connection is not strong enough!

I bought the mold and made up a batch to try on an upcoming trip to El Salto.  I really like the KVD Mustad hook that keeps the head of a worm in place with a hard plastic nodule at the bend and will be using these in size 6/0 with 10” and 12” worms.  It seems like a great combination and hope it performs as well as expected. 

I have this jig and runs fine with swimbait trailer.....problem is when I tied a living rubber skirt to it then the bait ran on its side and a lot of the action seemed to die.   I only used ~ 3in length and 3 pieces.   Skirt is centered and "balanced" but has to be the issue.....so back to drawing board and testing for me......Anyone have other suggestions? 

Only issue  I have had with it is the  hook sometimes gets flipped up and stuck where you crimp the wire form closed. So on retrieval  my hook and trailer is on top of lure upside down!

This was on a balded skirted version I made with twin tail grub! skirt is trimmed even with hook eye

Edited by Lunkerlunchbaits
spelling