Trickworm8

Exhaust

I have one of those big industrial fans, like the ones in a bathroom but much bigger. Its housed in a plywood contraption similar to  a kitchen oven hood. It is above my main work area where I air brush/pour lead, fed outside with aluminum duct. Its very similar to setting  up a bathroom fan. 

I built a three-sided box plus a top out of thin plywood that sits on top of a work bench. Installed a bathroom exhaust fan in the top. I ran the vent hose to a piece of wood that is sized so I can just open a window and place the wood in the opening. It just vents outside then. I'm not sure how thoroughly it works. My microwave for plastic melting fits inside and I can also put my lead pot inside.

On 1/21/2022 at 4:46 PM, goclones said:

When you say you installed it over the work bench, do you mean it's just in a window in front of the work bench? I ask because it looks like it's a window/wall mount type fan.

Yes...its a wall mount and is installed about three feet over the bench. 

This actually has another purpose...which is to air out the garage when the boat is wet.