emptystringer81

Best worm oil

I'm having problem with my worm oil soaking up into my plastics too fast. I add quite a bit of worm oil to each bag and scent sometimes. They look real oily but after a week or two they look really dry. Is there better worm oil to use? I want them to stay a little oily  in the bags but not like dripping. Dunno if I'm doing something wrong or not.  Any help would be appreciated. 

I agree that baits that extrude secondary plastisol in a  short period of time are messy.I believe the salt content of the soft-bait will draw in worm oil. Salted baits also attract moisture and can create one helluva mess w/ various plastisols.Place you freshly poured baits on cardboard for a week or so to remove excess oils I tried mineral oil years ago and I thought it made the baits harder and a bit smaller. Possibly there are different types of mineral oil

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Baitjunkys said:

Mineral oil.

Bingo. 

Worm oil is plasticizer, when you add it to a bait the resin will continue to absorb it. Baits or plastic that exudes an oil are releasing mineral oil or something similar added to act as a mold release or lubricant. my understanding of how it works anyway. 

• Like 1