Fishermanbt

?mf plastic

I will be getting a gallon of regular mf plastisol for Christmas. Never used it before so I’m wondering how it will behave with my setup using a microwave.  Over the years I’ve used do-it’s plastic with good results.  Am I good to go with the age old initial 350 degree mark and 320ish there after, or am I in for some headaches?

i contacted mf manufacturing but I suspect that they are busy filling orders right now. 

Thanks

I really don't know if it is as durable as another plastic. 

All I can attest to is that so far...it is good enough ...for the baits I use it for.

That being said, I molded all my new Basstackle swimbaits in Do-it Essential. That stuff is tough!

I doubt the is a plastic that works best for all applications.

The MF bounce does float like a cork!

1 hour ago, DaBehr said:

I really don't know if it is as durable as another plastic. 

All I can attest to is that so far...it is good enough ...for the baits I use it for.

That being said, I molded all my new Basstackle swimbaits in Do-it Essential. That stuff is tough!

I doubt the is a plastic that works best for all applications.

The MF bounce does float like a cork!

It floats a 4" stick bait with a dropshot hook

I used their bounce plastic and poured some Caney Creek frogs. They didn't float a heavy gauge 4/0 EWG  hook but they had a super slow sink that I think will drive the bass crazy. 

The guys at MF told me to let the plastic "set up" to get the ultimate floating characteristics. It still didn't float the heavy gauge EWG hook but it was darn close.

• Like 1

I have used a lot of mf  with very good results  if you're wanting a sample from them contact them they will gladly send you a sample of what ever you were wanting. they are working on something new issue probably know some of the  fl orange  fl chartreuse  will settle in the bottles from most manufacturers  mf  is working with a new one it will not settle  we are getting a sample  here shortly  will try to give a report  on it  when I receive it.

Edited by crazy bait
  • Thanks 1