mark poulson

Iwata HP-C+ parts

I need the O ring that goes on the needle extension handle and provides tension, so the handle doesn't self adjust.  The entire assembly is #17, but I can't find the O ring listed or sold separately.

Does anyone here know if it can be bought separately?

If not, do I need to send it in to Iwata, or is there another company that does airbrush service?

They call them "packing" when I was looking a long time ago. 

https://www.merriartist.com/Parts_for_Iwata_Hi_Performance_Plus_s/744.htm

Do you still have the o ring to get measurements.  Around here the Ace Hardware carries a very large selection of o rings.   If don't have the o ring can always take the brush up and find the one that is needed by trial and error.

It has been some time but Coast Airbrush is where I bought my brush and had them upgrade all the o rings at the time.

http://www.coastairbrush.com/repairs.asp

1 hour ago, Travis said:

They call them "packing" when I was looking a long time ago. 

https://www.merriartist.com/Parts_for_Iwata_Hi_Performance_Plus_s/744.htm

Do you still have the o ring to get measurements.  Around here the Ace Hardware carries a very large selection of o rings.   If don't have the o ring can always take the brush up and find the one that is needed by trial and error.

It has been some time but Coast Airbrush is where I bought my brush and had them upgrade all the o rings at the time.

http://www.coastairbrush.com/repairs.asp

Thanks for the link.   I found the same schematic on the Iwata website, but it doesn't show the O ring I need.

I did take it down to the local auto parts store today, but they didn't have any that were thin enough.

I'll try Ace tomorrow.

If i can't find a match, I'm thinking of sending it in to Coast to service.

4 minutes ago, stretcher66 said:

wouldn't it be #28 Mark?

No, that's not the O ring I need.  I actually lost that one a long time ago, and have been using the airbrush for five years without it.  If you look at the very back of the airbrush schematic you'll see assembly 17.  There's a thin O ring that sits just above the threads on the last section, the one that gets screwed in and out to control how far the needle pulls back.  It doesn't show on the schematic, but it's there, to provide enough friction to keep the needle adjustment piece from moving, once it's screwed in as far as you want it to go.   I need to find that O ring.

on my hp-c+  i had a problem with the nozzle not sealing and causing no paint to flow through the gun.  so i cut a thin strip of teflon tape and wrapped the tiny threads with it .  could you possibly make a temp oring from some teflon tape rolled up and wrapped around the threads until you can locate the one that fits?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, stretcher66 said:

on my hp-c+  i had a problem with the nozzle not sealing and causing no paint to flow through the gun.  so i cut a thin strip of teflon tape and wrapped the tiny threads with it .  could you possibly make a temp oring from some teflon tape rolled up and wrapped around the threads until you can locate the one that fits?

That's a good idea.  Thanks.

11 hours ago, gliders said:

Mark, why not measure o,ring with micrometer and order from eBay o,ring suppliers,  I've ordered nitrile o,rings of various exact sizes no problem ...

Gliders,

I tried Stetcher's  teflon tape idea, and it worked.

I'll look for a replacement O ring if the tape fails.