Jesse9583

adding salt question

Hey everyone, I'm wondering if anyone has a good starting ratio for salt to plastic when making stick baits?  I can tweak it as needed for my application but a starting point would be good.  Also, any special instructions or tips that I may not know would be great.  I've never added salt until now, I would like to make a batch that sinks faster.  I'm thinking maybe I added too much, they do not seem very durable and have next to no elasticity.  I thought the actual senko brand wasn't very durable until I made my first salted batch :lol::lol:  I've added no hardner or softner or any other additives except a bit of heat stabilizer.  Any thoughts on getting a stick bait that contains salt but also retains some of its strength and stretch would be great!

I use a 2 parts plastisol to 1 part salt ratio, by volume.    I use Bait Junkys soft, and add a teaspoon of softener to a cup of plastisol.

I've found that using glass blasting media in place of salt makes a much stronger bait, so now I add 3/4 parts media, 1/4 part salt, and 2 parts plastisol, and mix in the teaspoon of softener before I cook the plastisol initiallhy.

• Like 1