Jesse9583

Making Hot Pink?

I'm having trouble getting a bold fluorescent pink color in my soft plastics. Flo. Pink just makes a very dull, almost transparent... like no color at all. I tried to use white first but still no real help. I was able to mix white and red and get a normal, pastel  type of pink. 

I want to make a bright, bold pink for some ice fishing, any help is appreciated. Thanks!!

Did you add the color before heating?  This is a MUST when it comes to fluorescent colors.   Also, make sure you shake the color really well.  Flo colors have a tendency to settle. 

If you've done all this, I believe Lure Craft makes a bubble gum color that is really bright.  You might give that a shot. 

Buy Spikeit hot pink and don’t be afraid of putting a lot. A lot means 30cc to 32 oz batch that will give you a bright color. Bubble gum is that color with white added.  Bright colors can be done just can’t use drops to get it, needs a lot of colorant. Most other colors have been cut way more and is hard to achieve bright colors. 

6 hours ago, Frank said:

Buy Spikeit hot pink and don’t be afraid of putting a lot. A lot means 30cc to 32 oz batch that will give you a bright color. Bubble gum is that color with white added.  Bright colors can be done just can’t use drops to get it, needs a lot of colorant. Most other colors have been cut way more and is hard to achieve bright colors. 

I find I use 2 drops of spike it hot pink per oz. I’m happy with what I get, I add glitter a d want transparency.

On 12/28/2017 at 9:03 PM, Frank said:

I agree with this..  I'm using spike it    Looks great transparent as well. 

On 12/28/2017 at 9:03 PM, Frank said:

You mean the dip n glo dyes?  And if so, do you add it before or after heating up the plastic?  Sorry but I'm new.

Edited by Bustnslabs

Not Dip-N-Glo; and definitely don't add that to plastisol cold or hot. Look at the LureWorks side of Spike-It's website. Under the colorants section you'll find Hot Pink 111. As with all fluorescent colors it is better to add them to cold plastic prior to cooking although I have been successful in adding their colors while hot. Just stir as you add and don't let that colorant sit in a blob under heat as it is possible to congeal it where it wont disperse.

Dip-N-Glo is meant for a quick field expedient way to add some flash to finished soft plastic baits.

Edited by McLuvin175
  • Like 1

On 1/8/2018 at 5:47 AM, McLuvin175 said:

Not Dip-N-Glo; and definitely don't add that to plastisol cold or hot. Look at the LureWorks side of Spike-It's website. Under the colorants section you'll find Hot Pink 111. As with all fluorescent colors it is better to add them to cold plastic prior to cooking although I have been successful in adding their colors while hot. Just stir as you add and don't let that colorant sit in a blob under heat as it is possible to congeal it where it wont disperse.

Dip-N-Glo is meant for a quick field expedient way to add some flash to finished soft plastic baits.

Glad I asked, I didn't see that side of their website.  Thanks for the information.