Hawg Hooker

AIRBRUSHES AND COMPRESSORS

Good morning all! As a part of my lure making endeavour i will be purchasing an airbrush with a compressor. I have done a bit of research and it looks like the Iwata series of brushes get excellent reviews. Im not really restricted on budget so i'm willing to spend some cash on a quality unit. The Iwata compressors also seem to be high quality. Open to suggestions... Thanks guys!! Happy New Year!

I use a tool compressor, you can have moisture trap on compressor no problem, I use a small inline trap attached to airbrush and have no issues with mosture. One big advantage I've found no one has really mentioned is, with a big capacity compressor you can turn off compressor when full and used stored air for quite a few lures in silence ....glider

I purchased a Harbor Freight air brush compressor.  I couldn't be happier with it.  It's fairly quiet.  Only runs when needed and it just flat works.  I have a moisture trap on it as it can get quite humid here in Texas.

I used to use a tool compressor with dual moisture traps.  They work well also.  However they are really overkill.

If you have a Hobby Lobby store nearby you can use their 40% of coupon on a airbrush.