Jig Man

Glow powder to regular powder

I with the weather we are having I dug out my spoon mold because I think it will be needed when we get a thaw.  I have some glow in the dark powder that I use for some plastics.  Will that mix with regular powder paint and if so what ratio glow to powder paint?  I plan on tapping over a white base coat.

11 hours ago, Jig Man said:

I mixed some with nail polish and put it on a spoon.  I know that won't last very long.  I was wondering about mixing a small amount with powder paint and applying the mix.  So if I understand you Mark they don't melt at the same temp?

That was my experience.  My spinnerbait head melted before it got hot enough for the glo powder to melt and stick.  Maybe mixing the glo powder with powder coat paint would work, but I think that the powder would migrate, at the least, when the bait is being cured. 

I would mix up a small batch and do a test on something to see how it works before I tried it on an actual bait.

OK, just to make things clear.  There is a Glow Powder Paint.  I have some and it melts at the same temperature at the other Powder Paint.  It can be mixed with it but it is not that strong.

Glonation powder is NOT a Powder Paint, so it must be mixed with some other carrier to be applied.  Glonation powder is much stronger.

So, is your glow in the dark powder a Powder Paint, or a pigment like Glonation?

I guess I did not make it clear when I said glow in the dark powder.  It is just that powder that I use for soft plastics.  It is not powder paint.  What I have wound up doing is mixing it with clear nail polish.  It will get dunked on Friday so I'll have an idea how it holds.  I may have to mix it with epoxy since it doesn't seem that it will mix with powder paint.

I mix my Glonation glow powder with clear nail polish all the time, and it works great.

I actually use it to coat in inside of my spinnerbait blades, to add some light/flash in low light or dirty water.

It also works fine for coating crankbaits.

I found that the Dollar Store clean polish works just fine.

The powder will settle out of suspension and clump in a gooey mess in the bottom of the bottle, but it goes right back into suspension if I stir it with a straightened paper clip wire.  

It does not go bad, as long as there is still clear in the bottle.