EironBreaker

gold willow blades

The on-line supplier whom I believe was just clearing out old stock has evidently finished selling.  So I need to buy some gold willow blades.  I sell mostly 1/2 oz so would usually only need up to a #5 blade.  But I have a special 3/4 oz spinnerbait that a guy came up with and it takes two #6 blades.

So, looking at Hagen's, Lakeland and Worth, I'm seeing gold plated blades for around $0.90 each.  I've bought gold blades in the past for much less then that and they have a decent mirror gold finish.  Did I buy polished brass blades that were lacquered?  Is that the reason for the more reasonable price?   Anyone have some insight or suggestions?

If you get them plated after the fact, there is a lot charge for plating. Whether you plate 100 or 1,000 the lot charge is usually the same, until you get into the tens of thousands. If I recall , it was around $75.00 lot charge plus any shipping charges .

• Like 1