Tuna

Check Your Kastking Baitcasters

I also posted this on BassResource.

I purchased three Kastking Speed Demons and three Kastking Royale Legend reels in mid-November. As a practice, I always tear down a new baitcast reel to check components, clean and use a synthetic lube for bearings, buff metal drag washers and lube gears. During this process I found the drag tension spring washers on all six reels improperly installed. While I had the reels apart I took some photos. I notified KastKing US and China support of this issue. After they researched, the production manager in China admitted they have been making an assembly mistake(see correspondence screenshot). Since Kastking has not posted anything in regard to this issue that I could find I decided to contribute. It will only take 4-5 minutes to check your reel and correct. Just flip the position of the spring washers to the proper alignment (see misalignment schematic). The correction should add quite a bit more range in drag tension.

171206 Speed Demon Misalignment Schematic 2.jpg

171208 Royale Legend Drag Spring Washers.jpg

17Dec Kastking Correspondence 2.jpg