psilvers

Wow!- Barlow's catalog

Barlow's is about 50 minutes from my house, which makes it "local" in the DFW area.  I'm not allowed to go there without adult supervision, unless I hand over the plastic to my wife and use cash.  It's REAL easy to drop $200 and walk out with a small sack.  

Once I've made the drive to Barlow's then Cabela's is only another few minutes down the road.  I'm not allowed there without adult supervision either.  My wife caught on to my primer stockpiling scheme and put an end to that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Kasilofchrisn said:

Yup just got the new catalog.

They have great customer service, good prices, and are a pleasure to work with.

Plus my stuff is always well packaged unlike some of the other popular places (Zeiners)I have used that no longer receive my business.

I hope no one ever has to live the nightmare that was my last order from Zeiners.  Never, ever again.

What happened with Zeiners?  I've used them many times and had not problems but usually just to buy molds.  I've had great service with Zeiners.  They even called me about a mold that was due to arrive to them in a few days but didn't want to hold the rest of my order.  I told them to wait on the mold to arrive and then ship the entire order.  Very pleased with customer service so far.

I've been pleased with Barlows as well though.  I got my catalog last Saturday and haven't had time to look it over yet but will soon.

• Like 1

Shipped me the wrong order twice.  On the third attempt to fix it, they left out several items from the order.  I told them to forget it and just refund my money which took nearly two weeks to get the money back into my account.  Just wasn't happy with their customer service.

For me Zeiners threw a 2oz plastic jar of powder paint loosley into a box with a lead mold.

Well you guessed it powder paint all over the box. I called and they didn't seem to care.

Barlows always tapes the lids. Always!

And they wrap in newspaper.

Customer service are nice and very helpful people there too!

Same thing with TJ's they tape the lids and secure everything.

I'm willing to pay a little more for secure packaging and a company that cares!

39 minutes ago, Bassinfool said:

Shipped me the wrong order twice.  On the third attempt to fix it, they left out several items from the order.  I told them to forget it and just refund my money which took nearly two weeks to get the money back into my account.  Just wasn't happy with their customer service.

Sorry to hear that.

I guess it reaffirms my thoughts of not dealing with them again.

Can't go wrong with Barlows!

Just a quick note about Zeiner's - I have bought a lot of stuff from them and have never had a problem. Their service has always been excellent. A few weeks ago I ordered a mold through their site. A short while later, I got a call from them telling me that the mold would not be in for 2 days and asking if that was OK. I have also never had a problem with their packaging.

I think that ANY of the vendors from whom we buy can screw up occasionally , whether it is Zeiner's, Barlow's, LPO, etc.  I have bought from all three and have had generally good service.  I understand that you can get PO'd - (as I have!!) but I would give any of these guys another chance!

Pete

• Like 1

It kinda looks like this post is going a bit sideways.

That being said I'm human. I make mistakes, some times I can even laugh at them.

Bottom line, I have ordered a lot from almost every company that's been mentioned and each has made a mistake at one time or another, it happens. They have always made it right. 

I believe that one's attitude also effects the out come.

If I didn't order from one of them just because they made a mistake I wouldn't have anywhere to get any supplies from, which I guess the wife would like.

• Like 2