Super Ron

Tackle Show Opinions

On 1/19/2018 at 5:02 PM, ravenlures said:

I really think that you should combine face book with a web site.

But in the end you will still be poor. Its not easy.

Wayne

Now I'm being SALTY LOL

Facebook sucks. Excuse the Francais. I was on facebook and imo it's a place where people are too negative. It breeds too many bad things. I don't do facebook.  If you realized how they track you and how much money your worth to them you wouldn't want to give them the time of day either.  100% word of mouth business on my website. I stopped advertising many years ago. Waste of money just like shows. If your product works or it's unique it will sell itself. You don't need to give away 500 or more lures to get into a booth at a show. I used to do 4-6 10x10 booths at each show. Huge amount of work. Lost time. No life. Work for .11 an hour. 14 years of shows from NH to PA. $30k in travel a year for shows. yuck. Fishing industry is a land that time forgot. My 1950's catalogs have higher wholesale prices than they do now. Thank China for that. Going on 18 years this year still no Lear jet in my driveway.  

Want to know what the best advertising is in my business and what sells lures? Not $800 a month magazine ads. Not $1000 trade show displays. Not $3000 booth rent in a show. 

Its the guy on the beach/jetty bailing fish one after another. The guy next to him is catching squat. He looks over and asks what the guy is throwing. 

Thats what sells lures in this business... You can have all the pretty paint jobs and epoxy coats you want. If it doesn't catch fish you ain't going anywhere. Real quick. 

Edited by Salty's
  • Like 2