froggerbass

Different ways to attach a tail joint

any thoughts on any unusual or unique ways to attach a tail joint or a tail within a joint?

I've seen small metal hinges, like door hinge.  I've never seen springs involved, curious why. 

anybody think it would be possible to get a chatterbait type action out of a tail or feet on a bait using a snap?

Just throwing some thoughts around and seeing what you guys have to offer out of the box. Thanks

Edited by froggerbass

It certainly isn’t unique but I like to use linked screw eyes and specifically hand twisted screw eyes so I can control the size of the eyes and shaft length.  I seem to get a freer tail movement with them and they are simple to implement compared to other options.  Sometimes there is just no advantage in trying to reinvent the wheel.

• Like 2

you could always try fabric joints, like on the Kevlar lures sold through bass pro. Maybe use seat belt material. Bead chains have been talked about. Screw eyes are extremely popular simply because they work. Like what BobP said about reinventing the wheel.  

• Like 1