F&R

Cleaning epoxy off lip

If you are buying the same blanks then the easiest way I have found is to make a jig for a table saw or band saw.

If you have different or varying shapes and sizes you can try a miter box but you still have to hold the bait and it can be difficult. 

Honestly I just eyeball it and go slow cut small then when you adjust to make bigger you can make your corrections usually with a dremel on slow speeds. remember the tow eye has the ability to correct for small mistakes so it doesnt have to be perfect IMHO

• Like 1

There’s a recent thread on this topic.  If you are limited to cutting the slot by hand (no table saw, don’t want to build a custom jig, etc,) I cut  mine with a fiber reinforced cutoff disk and a Dremel.  If it looks wonky, I cut it wider until I know there’s a straight slot in there somewhere.  Then fill the slot with epoxy putty and push in the lip, adjust to straight.  Voila.  After a few baits, you get the hang of it.  I mark the slot before cutting with a thick rubber band stretched over the head of the bait as a guide,